Meet the new motorola edge 40 pro, a smartphone that stands out with the beauty and comfort of its quad-curved, endless edge design, groundbreaking speed of Qualcomm Technologies’ latest Mobile Platform—Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2—triple high-res camera system, and efficient battery with ultra-fast charging capabilities.
The design of edge 40 pro is crafted for unparalleled comfort, curved on every side and with every edge to reach symmetrical perfection. It features a borderless display so the focus is on the device content— not bezels or smudges. With anti-fingerprint coating on the front and velvet anti-glare glass inlay on the back make the edge 40 pro equally as beautiful as it is comfortable in hand. Both sides of the device are protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus® for extra protection against scratches, sharp contact, and drops. Each side is exquisitely blended into a thin, precision-cut aluminum frame and even the camera housing takes on a bold new look, while still fitting seamlessly into the overall phone design. Plus, IP68 provides underwater protection1 up to 1.5 meters in freshwater for up to 30 minutes, which means users no longer need to panic if their device accidentally gets dropped in water. The borderless 6.67” FHD+ pOLED display comes with a speedy 165Hz refresh rate for seamless scrolling, gaming, and switching between tasks.
On top of its design, the new motorola edge 40 pro is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform, which features a CPU delivering 35% faster CPU performance and 40% better power efficiency, and a GPU with 25% better performance compared with its predecessor. This platform allows consumers to enjoy richer experiences with applications running more smoothly while using less energy and optimizing battery life to enhance power efficiency. Plus, the edge 40 pro is equipped with LPDDR5X RAM and UFS 4.0, the most advanced generations of RAM and storage, to add to the device’s overall speed and efficiency. With 256GB of built-in storage2, there is ample room for photos, movies, songs, apps, and games.
Capture breathtaking details with a triple high-res camera system
Motorola’s newest edge smartphone arrives with a triple high-res camera system to capture breathtaking images and videos. The 50MP high-res camera features OIS, essential for shake-free photos, and instant all-pixel focus, which provides 32x more focusing pixels compared to traditional PDAF, resulting in faster, more accurate performance in any light3. The edge 40 pro also comes with a 50MP ultrawide camera with Macro Vision and a 12MP 2x telephoto portrait camera, so users can capture everything from stunning landscapes to extreme close-ups and flattering shots of people.
For selfies, the edge 40 pro features a 60MP camera with Snapdragon’s Cognitive Image Signal Processor, which uses advanced AI to divide each scene into different segments. This ensures elements like the sky, buildings, landscapes, and skin tones are optimized independently for greater color accuracy and a photo that is more true to life.
With this new smartphone, consumers can also record cinematic-quality videos directly on their device, whether in crystal-clear 8K resolution or in 4K HDR10+, to pack over a billion shades of color into their footage.
Additionally, Motorola is introducing software features that bring this device’s exceptional camera hardware to life, including new video shooting modes to inspire creativity, such as:
– Video Night Vision: When shooting videos in low-light environments, users can switch to Night Vision mode for video to capture brighter footage with more detail, better clarity, and more accurate color.
– Horizon Lock Stabilization: When engaging in extreme sports like mountain biking or skiing, this feature keeps the user’s shots stabilized and locked onto the horizon — even while rotating the smartphone up to a full 360° during action scenes.
– Video Auto Focus Tracking: Users can enable this feature to keep the subject crystal-clear and in focus even when it’s in motion throughout the frame.
– Video Portrait (bokeh): In Video Mode, users can select Video Portrait, a bokeh setting, to automatically blur the background of videos using a new AI-based algorithm for a beautiful, soft-focus background behind the subject.
On top of these features, expect stunning images and videos when using certain social media applications, which now support specific Motorola camera functions like Dual Capture, ultrawide, and telephoto directly from the apps.
Get an exceptional audio-visual experience powered by incredible battery life and the fastest TurboPower™ charging
The motorola edge 40 pro arrives with 125W TurboPower™ charging, which delivers power for the day in just six minutes4,5 and can be fully charged in 23 minutes4,5. Equipped with a 4600mAh battery and greater power efficiency from the Snapdragon mobile platform, the edge 40 pro is able to get over 30 hours of power on a single charge. It also supports a 15W wireless charger (wireless charger sold separately) and 5W wireless power sharing.
The powerful battery allows consumers to enjoy all the entertainment that the edge 40 pro has to offer. The virtually borderless 6.67” pOLED display and 165Hz refresh rate come together to enhance customers’ favorite movies, TV shows and games. While Dolby Vision® HDR, a first for Motorola smartphones, brings your favorite entertainment to life with ultra vivid colors, sharp contrast and rich details. The motorola edge 40 pro also supports HDR10+.
A breathtaking display experience should be complemented by powerhouse audio. That’s why the edge 40 pro boasts immersive audio with Dolby Atmos® in addition to two large stereo speakers. With the newest edge smartphone, Motorola is also introducing Moto Spatial Sound, which makes the sound coming from the device speakers or headphones feel even more immersive and fills the space around users whether they’re listening to music, watching movies, or playing games.
Motorola’s unique software features take the user experience to the next level
Motorola is well-known for keeping its device OS as clean as possible but also looks to include meaningful additions that enhance the consumer experience with its devices. The motorola edge 40 pro runs on Android 13 and comes with unique Motorola experiences including: simple gestures, custom entertainment settings and/or ability to personalize according to each user’s style. Plus, it is compatible with the Ready For platform6, which unleashes the power of the smartphone — whether to play games on a bigger screen, use its camera capabilities as a webcam, or smoothly connect the smartphone with a PC.7
The edge 40 pro offers an extensive suite of security features, including ThinkShield, Moto Secure, and Family Space. ThinkShield helps keep the phone protected at every level, defending it against malware, phishing, and other threats, while Moto Secure serves as the go-to privacy and security hub to check the protection of devices across Android and Motorola apps and settings. Family Space gives users the ability to create a designated “safe space” on their device where kids can learn and play. This includes setting limits on screen time, controlling which apps are accessible, and even creating multiple profiles so everyone can use the device in the way they want.
The new motorola edge 40 pro is also compatible with Lenovo ThinkReality A3 smart glasses, the AR for workers everywhere. Light, powerful, and versatile, the ThinkReality A3 enhances productivity for the office professional and industrial worker in a small business or global enterprise. From customized virtual monitors and 3D visualization to Augmented Reality (AR) assisted workflows and immersive training, the smart glasses help transform work across many levels of the enterprise.
The motorola edge 40 pro will be on sale across Europe in the coming days with a starting MSRP of €899.99. The device will roll out to selected markets across Latin America in the following weeks. For local price information and availability, please contact your local PR team.
With the exciting announcement of motorola edge 40 pro in Europe and LATAM, Motorola is reinforcing its commitment to bringing premium smartphone experiences to the hands of more consumers. Today, Motorola is also excited to share its commitment to expand the edge family in North America this year.
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details. Use of this device is subject to the terms of your wireless service plan. This product meets applicable Radio Frequency Emission Exposure Guidelines. Accessories individually labeled.
MOTOROLA, the Stylized M Logo, MOTO, and the MOTO family of marks are trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. LENOVO, THINKSHIELD and THINKREALITY are trademarks of Lenovo. Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Snapdragon is a trademark or registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. DOLBY, DOLBY ATMOS, and DOLBY VISION are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. ThinkShield is a trademark of Lenovo. Android is a trademark of Google, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2023 Motorola Mobility LLC.
motorola edge 40 pro is designed and manufactured by/for Motorola Mobility LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lenovo.
1. Water, splash, and dust resistance were tested to IP68 standards under controlled laboratory conditions. Withstands immersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. Resistance will decrease as a result of normal wear. Not designed to work while submerged underwater. Do not expose to pressurized water, or liquids other than fresh water. Do not attempt to charge a wet phone. Not waterproof.
2. Available user storage is less due to many factors, including operating system, software, and functions utilizing part of this capacity; may change with software updates.
3. As compared to traditional phase detection auto focus.
4. Median users can get up to 12 hours of battery life in 6 minutes of charge. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses.
5. All battery life claims are approximate and based on the median user tested across a mixed use profile (which includes both usage and standby time) under optimal network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network, and device settings, temperature, battery condition, and usage patterns.
6. Ready For wireless connection is supported with TVs that support Android smartphone screen mirroring (Miracast) only. Ready For wired connection supported with TVs or monitors that have HDMI port or USB-C video-in port; Video-enabled USB-C cable or USB-C-to-HDMI adaptor required. Bluetooth® accessories sold separately.
7. Ready For PC is available on selected devices, and on Windows 10 and 11. Visit the FAQ page for a full list of device and software compatibility. Requires PC app download. PC and mobile device to connect wirelessly must share the same Wi-Fi AP (access point) OR must be connected via USB-C cord.