Motorola announces the motorola edge 40 business edition, further strengthening its portfolio for enterprises. The motorola edge 40 is beautifully sleek, comfortable to hold, and even offers IP68 underwater protection¹ to protect against an accidental drop in fresh water. It also features the power and performance needed for small, medium, and large corporations, along with business-grade security.
The edge 40 business edition arrives with an end-to-end portfolio of services and solutions that deliver seamless protection and full manageability backed by ThinkShield. ThinkShield is a security platform – which enhances protection at every level from the factory to the phone – underlying fundamental security policies, features, specialized hardware, software and processes that aim to secure the entire device. Plus, the edge 40 business edition has 4 years of security updates to make sure it’s always up to date.
With moto edge 40 business edition, Motorola is introducing the latest and most advanced ThinkShield security feature ever, Real-time Kernel Protection (RKP). RKP is designed to provide business customers with enhanced device protection against threats and exploits used to target their devices. With the introduction of RKP, Motorola is further demonstrating its commitment to business customers by delivering features and solutions they require to help keep their devices and data protected, and their employees productive. RKP goes above and beyond current protections provided by Android’s kernel self-protections to provide one of the highest levels of security available. With moto edge 40 business edition, RKP is turned on right out of the box and there is no configuration needed.
For security and IT professionals, RKP helps protect against code attempting to exploit the kernel and critical system resources, including malicious device drivers. RKP adds privileged locks to critical system resources and components, preventing misuse. These protections are applied outside the kernel by an isolated, secured hypervisor framework, which wraps around the Android OS. This framework helps prevent additional routes to compromise the kernel, and if the kernel is compromised, the attackers would still be blocked by the real-time kernel protection from accessing any critical system components. With the motorola edge 40 business edition and RKP Motorola’s business customers will have one the highest levels of protection on their devices.
Complemented by a complete suite of services and solutions, Motorola customers will be able to find the right set of tools from Motorola to run their business seamlessly and more securely, including:
- Moto Threat Defense: to offer protection against phishing, malware and network attacks with built-in advanced hardware-based and premium A.I. based security solutions.
- Moto Device Manager: is a device management solution for companies to control their corporate devices, setting the boundaries on what can be done/accessed in a corporate smartphone.
- Moto Safe: quickly lock any Motorola device in case it is lost, stolen or at risk in any way.
- Moto Talk: Helps businesses enhance their communication and productivity with your field team.
- Moto Carbon Offset: in partnership with certified Carbon offset service providers Motorola offers to customers a simple Carbon offset option with just a click of a button. Through the CO2 Offset Service, you can offset the estimated carbon emission linked to your phone over its average lifecycle by supporting projects aimed to help offset CO2 emitted in the atmosphere.
- Premier Support: offering an exclusive 24 hours support to customers.
- Moto OEM Config: This app is a mobile device management plug-in that provides business customers additional security features to help ensure their device is protected against online and identity-based threats. Additionally, we are expanding this functionality to now include emergency dialer, safe mode, sound and vibration and airplane mode control; Firewall by app connection allowlist filter and firewall by URL domain for work profile; Block factory reset for fully managed device with a work profile; Software update control for fully managed device with a work profile; and more.
The motorola edge 40 is equipped with the MediaTek Dimensity 8020 chipset, offering seamless connections to blazing fast 5G² and Wi-Fi networks and powering everything from high resolution videos to smoother gaming. All with faster CPU & GPU speeds and greater power efficiency compared to the previous generation. There’s also 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM for smooth performance and quick recall, and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage³. And for enhanced productivity, motorola edge 40 is compatible with Ready For wireless connection4 and PC compatibility5. Offering a set of productivity experiences that allows business end users to enjoy seamless device integration between the smartphone and the PCs.
motorola edge 40 features a 6.55” pOLED borderless curved glass display, a curved vegan leather backing option and offers IP68 protection1 to protect against an accidental dunk under fresh water1. On top of it, it has a 50MP camera system with the widest aperture available in a smartphone, and blazing-fast charging capabilities to get power for the day in just 10 minutes6,7 combined with a long-lasting 4400mAh battery that can connect at 5G speeds4 and keep up with busy routines.
The device runs on Android 13 and comes with the Moto Secure app that serves as a hub for items related to security and privacy. Combined with Moto OEMConfig or Moto Device Manager, IT administrators can remotely configure Moto Secure features on the motorola edge 40, from lock screen settings to network alerts to pin layout scrambling.
motorola edge 40 business edition is on sale across Europe. The device will roll out to selected markets across the Middle East, Latin America and Asia-Pacific in the following weeks.
MOTOROLA, the Stylized M Logo, MOTO and the MOTO family of marks are trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. ThinkShield is a trademark of Lenovo. Wi-Fi is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. Android is a trademark of Google, LLC. USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2023 Motorola Mobility LLC.
1. Water, splash and dust resistance were tested to IP68 standards under controlled laboratory conditions. Withstands immersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. Resistance will decrease as a result of normal wear. Not designed to work while submerged underwater. Do not expose to pressurized water, or liquids other than fresh water. Do not attempt to charge a wet phone. Not waterproof.
2. Download speeds based on 5G sub-6GHz network connectivity during average network traffic. Available with 5G service plan and 5G network coverage; available only in select areas. See carrier for details.
3. Available user storage is less due to preloaded software, and is subject to change without notice due to software updates.MicroSD card sold separately. Content with DRM restrictions may not be able to be moved to the card.
4. Ready For wireless connection is supported with TVs that support Android smartphone screen mirroring (Miracast) only. Bluetooth® accessories sold separately.
5. Ready For PC is available on selected devices, and on Windows 10 and 11. Visit the FAQ page for a full list of device and software compatibility. Requires PC app download. PC and mobile device to connect wirelessly must share the same Wi-Fi AP (access point) OR must be connected via USB-C cord.
6. Median users can get up to 12 hours of battery life in 10 min of charge. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses.
7. All battery life claims are approximate and based on the median user tested across a mixed use profile (which includes both usage and standby time) under optimal network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network and device settings, temperature, battery condition, and usage patterns.