Today, the new motorola edge+ 2023 arrives in North America, featuring boundless performance, a triple high-res camera system, massive battery and superfast charging – all contained within a uniquely beautiful endless edge design. A device built to empower consumers with a truly premium smartphone experience, the new edge+ elevates all the ways you can consume, create, and connect.
flawless design meets boundless performance
The new motorola edge+ enters North America’s premium product portfolio with a flawless, quad-curved, endless edge design crafted for unparalleled comfort. It features a virtually borderless 6.7” pOLED display so the focus is on the device content— not bezels or smudges.
Anti-fingerprint coating on the front and velvet anti-glare glass inlay on the back make the motorola edge+ equally as beautiful as it is comfortable in hand. Both sides of the device are protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus® for extra protection against scratches, sharp contact, and drops. Plus, IP68 provides underwater protection1 up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
On the inside, the new motorola edge+ features the Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform, which features a CPU delivering 35% faster performance and 40% better power efficiency, and a GPU with 25% better performance compared with its predecessor. With this platform, consumers will enjoy a smoother experience with applications running without lag and improved power efficiency that optimizes battery life.
every moment captured in incredible detail
To capture breathtaking images and videos, the motorola edge+ has a triple high-res camera system. The 50MP high-res main camera features OIS, essential for shake-free photos. It also includes instant all-pixel focus, which provides 32x more focusing pixels compared to traditional PDAF, resulting in faster, more accurate performance in any light2. The device also comes with a 50MP ultrawide camera with Macro Vision and a 12MP 2x telephoto portrait camera, so users can capture everything from stunning landscapes to extreme close-ups and more flattering portraits. For selfies, the motorola edge+ features a 60MP camera with the Snapdragon Cognitive Image Signal Processor, which uses advanced AI to divide each scene into different segments. This ensures elements like the sky, buildings, landscapes, and skin tones are optimized independently for greater color accuracy and a photo that is more true to life.
Consumers can also record cinematic-quality videos directly on their device, whether in crystal-clear 8K resolution or in 4K HDR10+, to pack over a billion shades of color into their footage. Additionally, Motorola is introducing software features that bring this device’s exceptional camera hardware to life, including new video shooting modes to inspire creativity, such as:
– Night Vision: When shooting videos in low-light environments, users can switch to Night Vision mode for video to capture brighter footage with more detail, better clarity, and more accurate color.
– Horizon Lock Stabilization: When engaging in extreme sports like mountain biking or skiing, this feature keeps the user’s shots stabilized and locked onto the horizon — even while rotating the smartphone up to a full 360° during action scenes.
– Auto Focus Tracking: Users can enable this feature to keep the subject crystal-clear and in focus even when it’s in motion throughout the frame.
– Portrait (bokeh): In Video Mode, users can select Portrait Video , a bokeh setting, to automatically create soft-focus backgrounds in your videos. It utilizes a new AI-based algorithm to create a beautiful, cinematic blur effect behind the subject.
power for the day in just minutes3,4
The new motorola edge+ has a massive 5100mAh battery, that provides up to two days of battery life on a single charge3, and 68W TurboPower™ charging to get power for the day in just 9 minutes.3,4 This new device also supports 15W wireless charging (sold separately) and 5W wireless power sharing. With powerful battery and charging capabilities, consumers can enjoy all their favorite entertainment without disruption.
immersive display and audio
Enjoy movies, TV shows, and games on the borderless 6.7″ pOLED display, complete with Dolby Vision® for a stunning viewing experience that brings your favorite entertainment to life with ultravivid colors, sharp contrast, and rich details, and an incredible 165Hz refresh rate for smoother gaming. The edge+ additionally supports HDR10+.
A breathtaking display experience should be complemented by powerhouse audio. That’s why the new edge+ also comes equipped with Dolby Atmos®, which delivers a richer audio experience that brings out more depth, clarity, and details in your favorite entertainment, whether enjoyed over headphones or through the smartphone’s two large stereo speakers. Plus, Motorola Spatial Sound makes the sound coming from users’ headphones or speakers feel more immersive as it fills the space around them when they’re listening to music or playing games.
software and security solutions for ultimate protection and peace of mind
The new motorola edge+ runs off the latest Android™ 13 and comes with unique Motorola experiences that consumers know and love, including: simple gestures, custom entertainment settings and personalization settings. The device will also receive 3 years of OS upgrades and 4 years of bi-monthly security updates.
The new motorola edge+ is compatible with the Ready For platform5, which unleashes the power of the smartphone — whether to play games on a bigger screen, use its camera capabilities as a webcam, or smoothly connect the smartphone with a PC.6
It is also compatible with Lenovo ThinkReality A3 smart glasses, the AR for workers everywhere. Light, powerful, and versatile, the ThinkReality A3 enhances productivity for the office professional and industrial worker in a small business or global enterprise. From customized virtual monitors and 3D visualization to Augmented Reality (AR) assisted workflows and immersive training, the smart glasses help transform work across many levels of the enterprise.
The device also offers an array of features to keep users safe and protected. This includes Family Space, a designated “safe space” on one’s phone for kids to learn and play. From there, guardians can set limits on screen time, control accessible apps and create multiple profiles for the whole family. Motorola also offers ThinkShield, a security hub that enhances protection at every level, and Moto Secure, which serves as the go-to destination for all vital device security and privacy features.
In the U.S., the new motorola edge+ 2023 will be available universally unlocked at Best Buy, Amazon.com and Motorola.com starting May 25 (Pre-order: May 19; MSRP: $799.99). It will also be available at Boost Infinite and Boost Mobile in the coming weeks, with subsequent availability at Spectrum Mobile and Consumer Cellular.
In Canada, the new motorola edge+ 2023 will be available on Motorola.ca starting May 25 (Pre-order: May 19; MSRP: $1099.99)
*Pricing varies by carrier; to be communicated by carriers upon availability
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details. Use of this device is subject to the terms of your wireless service plan. This product meets applicable Radio Frequency Emission Exposure Guidelines. Accessories individually labeled.
MOTOROLA, the Stylized M Logo, MOTO, and the MOTO family of marks are trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. LENOVO, THINKREALITY and THINKSHIELD are trademarks of Lenovo. Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Snapdragon is a trademark or registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. DOLBY, DOLBY ATMOS, and DOLBY VISION are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Motorola is under license.Wi-Fi is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2023 Motorola Mobility LLC.
motorola edge+ is designed and manufactured by/for Motorola Mobility LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lenovo.
1. Water, splash and dust resistance were tested to IP68 standards under controlled laboratory conditions. Withstands immersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. Exposure to conditions beyond this rating are not covered by warranty. Resistance will decrease as a result of normal wear. Not designed to work while submerged underwater. Do not expose to pressurized water, or liquids other than fresh water. Do not attempt to charge a wet phone. Not waterproof.
2. As compared to traditional phase detection auto focus.
3. All battery life claims are approximate and based on the median user tested across a mixed use profile (which includes both usage and standby time) under optimal network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network and device settings, temperature, battery condition, and usage patterns.
4. Median users can get up to 12 hours of battery life in 9 min of charge. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses.
5. Ready For wireless connection is supported with TVs that support Android smartphone screen mirroring (Miracast) only. Ready For wired connection supported with TVs or monitors that have HDMI port or USB-C video-in port; Video-enabled USB-C cable or USB-C-to-HDMI adaptor required. Bluetooth® accessories sold separately.
6. Ready For PC is available on selected devices, and on Windows 10 and 11. Visit the FAQ page for a full list of device and software compatibility. Requires PC app download. PC and mobile device to connect wirelessly must share the same Wi-Fi AP (access point) OR must be connected via USB-C cord.